Monday, November 30, 2020

In Case You Missed It ...

 Hi Scrap-A-Latte Friends,

Given my last post was in August, I'm clearly not the greatest at regular blog posts, but I hope this post finds you doing well and managing the best way you can during the trying times we find ourselves in . 

Like so many other small business owners, keeping a business running throughout a pandemic has been a huge challenge. Add the fact that I'm not at all a fan of change, and the challenge seemed even bigger than ever. But I've learned throughout the year the importance of being flexible and open to change and, equally important, the wonderful support from Scrap-A-Latte friends, customers and fellow shop owners.  

I was contacted by a local reporter here on Long Island who was doing a story about small businesses and how they're doing throughout the pandemic. I shared that, for me, it meant changing the way I do things ... from offering curbside service, to a refreshed business model, to the introduction of an online presence. I thought I'd share the article with you. You can also see a brief video interview at newsday.com/shopping.

Photo from the Newsday piece

So the lesson ... change is not always easy, but it can be good! Though I say it often, I'm so very appreciative to all who have been so supportive of my small business throughout the year. Stay well!

No comments:

Post a Comment